Monday, August 23, 2010

Charles river basin loop conquered!

If you are visiting my blog for the first time, WELCOME! Please do read the old posts or the tabs that you can find on top. It basically explains why, how, when and what I am training for!

You know how you get nervous before an exam? I was feeling the same exact nervousness before today's long run. I had butterflies in my tummy. Amol could notice the anxiety on my face. I have no clue why I felt that way. But after the last two long run debacles, I just knew that completing this run was going to be a big challenge for me.

But.......I did it. 17 freaking miles! I ran the entire Charles river basin loop. It was actually 17.5 miles because of a detour we took. Don't ask me the time it took me.....all I can say that it is something I am not proud of :(. But today's goal was finishing it and keeping walking to a minimum. And, I did that!

Today I became one of the Boston runners who run on the Charles river basin. I would always marvel at these runners and wonder if I would ever run there. Since the training began, we have done a good number of runs around the river, but today was the first time we did the whole loop.

More to come when I recover and can think straight again!

After the run, at Soldiers Field Road!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Anjali! So glad to see you're back on track!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts.....