Sunday, August 1, 2010

Dear 14.5 miler,

I conquered you this Saturday and although I took a long time to finish, I am proud and happy of the run. I had the least number of walking breaks and also each walking break was really short. In my last 14 miler, I mostly walked the last one mile. So this time I can confidently say that I ran the entire 14.5 miles.

You took me from the Minuteman trail at Arlington Center, to Alewife and then onto Fresh Pond trail, route 16 to the Charles river, across Arsenal St bridge on the other side of the river, then over JFK bridge to retrace my steps to the beginning at Arlington Center. It was a beautiful day to tackle you and I owe a lot to Ketki who kept me going and did not let me break into walks. I also tried my first Gu gel on the way, but would have also liked more water support. From next time, I will carry my own bottle or get a hydration pack.

Your buddy 16 miler is next on my list. Next week, I will tackle the 16 miler and I will work on improving my time!

Regards,
Anjali

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Anjali! Your dedication and motivation is commendable. I truly hope you achieve what you have in mind and spirit! Good luck!

    Rama

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts.....