Sunday, September 12, 2010

Quick update

Wow....its been more than 10 days since the last post. I am so sorry for not posting my updates. I wish I could say that I have been so busy with all the running, that I did not get time to post! But alas, it is not so. On the contrary, I feel that I have run very little in these 10 days.

We went to Seattle for labor day weekend. I so needed that break. But the timing could not have been worse. Right in between the training and also right when I started to get some amazing data in the lab. Before leaving for the mini-vacation, I felt really guilty about going, but now in hindsight, I was glad that we did go coz we enjoyed so much and were truly refreshed once we got back. We had such a good time there....amazing friends, lovely weather, the beautiful pacific northwest mountains and the exciting Seattle downtown! We enjoyed everything and have come back with so many memories. The best part was meeting high-school friends whom I had not seen in the last 10 years.

This weekend was a cut-back run. We had to do 13 miles on the Minuteman trail and I did 11.5 miles. I was not too happy with my run, but I knew that I had to pay the price for not running the previous weekend in Seattle. Now there are just 6 weekends left before the big day and the next few weeks are going to be the toughest part of the training. And now after a refreshing break, I am all ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts.....