Friday, August 13, 2010

Down

The weekly runs were not bad this week. I did a 4-mile run on Tuesday, hill repeats on Wednesday and a 4-mile run yesterday. But....
I did not enjoy any of the runs. The one on Tuesday was brutal, I ran in the evening as I could not get my lazy bum out of bed Tuesday morning. I hated every minute of my run. Just wanted it to be over and as soon as I hit 3.99 miles, I stopped. The run on Thursday morning was no better. Although it was a lovely morning to run, I was literally pushing myself to finish the 4 miles. The only slightly enjoyable run was the hill repeat on Wednesday and the only reason for that was, Amol had accompanied me with the camera to take pics of me running.
There are still more than two months for the marathon. It is really important that I enjoy my runs to keep going. All I can think of these days is what I could have done with my summer evenings and weekends if I had not been training. I really hope I can get my running mojo back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A penny for your thoughts.....