Monday, August 9, 2010

Not yet reached the 15-mile mark :(

I was so pscyhed up about the 16 miler on Saturday. My weekday runs had been good, the weather was perfect for running, I was going to cross the 15 mile mark......everything was positive in the morning.

But I failed.....I just ran 10 miles. I had to stop after 10 miles. Amol was providing water support, so I was lucky to get a ride back home immediately.

I felt so bad for not being able to finish it. Saturday was ruined because of the run. All I did was sat on the couch at home and sobbed about it. It made me realize how emotionally vested I am in this marathon training and the fund-raising. It is so much more than just running a marathon for me now. It is a test of not only my physical endurance, but also my mental endurance. 

This coming Saturday was supposed to be a cut-back week for everyone. Since my 10 miles last Saturday will be counted as a cut-back week now, I will have to do 16 miles all alone. Amol has said he will bike alongside and provide personal water support for me. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey, 10 miles is like what, 16 kms? Thats close to a half marathon...pretty good going I would say. And the marathon, if I may say like a gyanni, is all about mental endurance, the legs pretty much become mechanical after 10 miles.

    And, btw, you could always blame it on the sloppy water support you know...?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I have done 14.5 miles already. So have already crossed half marathon mark. According to my coach...the actual half marathon mark is 20 miles....coz the remaining 6 miles are the most tough.
    Did you like the banner? Viraj made it!

    ReplyDelete

A penny for your thoughts.....